Friday, August 2, 2013

Life is good...thank you!

Unintentionally, I sat down with a mug today that says, "Life is good." Thankfully, my first thought was..."it is pretty good." A few days ago, or after watching Hotel Rwanda or The Pianist, I would have laughed sarcastically at the mug and thought, "yeah right." 

The truth is that life is both good and bad. There are times when it breaks my heart and spirit to hear of one more person facing a life-threatening illness or just knowing that there are so many in need. And, then there are times when I'm overwhelmed by the beautiful love that people have and share with one another.  

Eventually, my thoughts went to all the people who have helped us in the past two months. Many of you have thought and prayed about us, sent meals or gift cards, sent care packages for Ev, bought Leukemia bracelets to show support, and I even had someone buy me dessert and another, a pedicure this past Monday. And, we can't forget a person who has been sleeping on our couch for the past two months, my mom. 

Regardless of how you have helped, you have and every bit has been beneficial to our happiness, needs and sanity. It's people like you that make us believe that "Life is good." I'm certain that we are one family of many that you have helped. And, with people like that...it's a joy to get up every morning. 

Thank you for all that you do! And, thank you that you took the time to share your love with us...we will never forget it!



It's not easy getting a happy photo of Ev...because he's usually a blur. 
He can't keep himself calm for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment