Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ev is awesome opossum

I complained about the stiff Lazy-Boy last night, and rightfully so. Fortunately, around midnight, Ev let me into bed with him. In the past I have been his bed buddy at the hospital, but for whatever reason last night he told me he wanted me to sit in the chair. So, I tried. I debate between allowing him the control of deciding and how much energy I will have the next day to help. It all worked out. After all, for a 2 year old independence and some control is important and he hasn't seen much of that in the past few weeks.

Everett has been so polite through this. Yes, the chemo drugs can make him moody. But, all things considered, everyone is surprised by his demeanor and I am proud. You know how it's said that character shines through in tough circumstances...is it possible to have such an awesome character at 2 years old!? 

He says "please", "thank you" and "no, thank you". The worst thing he has said is "no way" or "all done". I hope that he feels peace from God through this, as I do. I am certain that Willy Wonka, Spider-Man and Captain America have been a big help...along with chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, mac and cheese and "orange" chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment