Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tuesdays with ...Ev

"Tuesdays with Morrie" has frequented my mind when sitting down to write a post. Often it's simply the title that sticks with me, but not this week. In the book Morrie explains how he allows himself 10 minutes a day to mourn and feel sorry for himself and then he goes on with the day. When I read that years ago, I thought "wow, what a balanced man, he faces the reality of his situation and then he goes about living." Now, I'm not sure he was human at all. Turning your mind or emotions on and off like that is no simple task.

Recently, fears have infected many of my thoughts. It overwhelms me and makes time my enemy rather than a friend to enjoy. Maybe if Ev and I could have a good cry together that would help.

Regardless, Ev is doing well and continues to be strong. He has had fun playing at home and with family. And, we've been able to drop Ben off at school and see other friends too.

It is almost a shoe-in that we will start the next round of treatment this Tuesday. We have been sent home the past two Tuesdays because Everett's ANC has not been high enough. Both his platelets and white blood cells must hit a certain number for this next phase.

Please continue to pray for Everett. He is in remission, but his battle is far from over. There is still so much that he has to take on and serious effects and reactions that can occur. And, you might as well add his worried mother to the list too.


No comments:

Post a Comment