Thursday, January 29, 2015

Love gets us through

A couple weeks ago, Ev came running to me with tears in his eyes. He had hit his head. It was no big deal...a typical hit kids take repeatedly. He begged for a kiss and quickly. 

I kissed his head and he looked at me and said, it still hurts! I said, I can't take the pain away, all I can do is give you some love.

After I said this two thoughts came to mind...1) how God has given me that response multiple times (the pain can't be dismissed with the wave of a wand, but love can decrease the pain and get us through and He met my pain is so many different ways) and 2) how Ev has made it through so much physical and emotional pain and is just now realizing my kisses hold no magic...how did that happen?

This speaks to the power of love. And how the lack of love in ones life is the most tragic story.

I'm not sure Ev understood my reply to him, but he seemed to accept it and maybe in his subconscious realizes it did help him through. 




1 comment:

  1. These words are so, so profound. God speaks these words to us all the time. What a powerful reminder that Love and just knowing that someone is there for us can help lessen the pain, even if just the tiniest bit.

    ReplyDelete